Does it boggle anyone else’s mind that we are literally approaching ‘no more fish in the sea’?

Yes -or even boggles the brain.  This is personal opinion, but I think a lot of people in the fishing industry literally can’t understand what that means. As we can see with inaction regarding global warming, the brain isn’t very good at coming to grips with threats in the future that require a person to delay gratification NOW.

I think it’s difficult for some to understand that fishing can’t go forever at the current rate, even though the statistics clearly show this to be the case. Often so-called “common sense” wins out over fact; people may assume that because humans have been fishing without a problem for thousands of years, we will continue doing so forever. 

wow that is amazing! good thing i dont eat fish.