Does drinking alcohol damage your liver more than smoking cigarettes damage your lungs?

If you want to weigh the health effects of the two, I would say without a doubt that smoking is exponentially more detrimental. Drinking in moderate amounts have actually even suggested positive health benefits; raising the “good-colesterol” levels in the body. Of course anything abused, typically results in devastating results–alcohol is no different.

Yes, heavy drinkers are doing damage to their liver, but it is a slower process and not everyone who drinks, does so this way.

On the other hand smokers, do immediate damage to the lungs, and the carcinogens and increased chemical addictive qualities, make it a more intensive drug. As one of my health professors put it, “lung cancer is a matter of when not if for those who smoke.”