Both colored and bleached papers contain more chemicals that are released upon burning than does white paper. Colored papers contain heavy metals like cadmium and lead, and bleached paper releases halogenated hydrocarbons and furans. These are all associated with different diseases, namely liver disease. It is advisable not to burn colored giftwrap in the fireplace, a frequent solution to the aftermath of holiday gift-opening, both for health and safety reasons as the metals in colored paper can start another fire both in and out of the chimney.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC