Does the coins in a fountain cause the water to be unhealthy?



  1. 0 Votes

    The coins you see in fountains produce copper and silver ions, which kill algae and bacteria and leaving the water sparkling clear. However, the water is not safe for human consumption, since coins are very dirty from being passed from person to person for what can be decades. This is irrelevant, though, since these fountains, or wishing wells, are never meant to provide drinking water.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!