Does climate change make winters longer anywhere in the world?

Some people are pointing out the irony, but Europe is having their coldest winter in 50 years this year as discussions about climate change have been constant, and the summit was in Denmark. Washington DC, US also had what was being called “snow-ocolypse” back in December seeing one of the worst storms in US history. Climate change means exactly that, change. Global warming will mean cooling for some.

No. Some countries basically lack winter season because of global warming. I currently live in Finland and it is the longest winter for a long time. Back home, in central Europe winters virtually disappeared as snow falls one day, it melts the next. I remember when I was a child we had proper winter before Christmas, but now we hardly get snow during the whole winter.