Does anyone have news about the black bush elephant spoted near the village of Zerb in Eastern Congo last Fall?

I haven’t been able to find anything online – have you tried checking the archives of local newspapers? Also, how did you first hear about the elephant? If you can remember the news source, you could try contacting them directly to see if they’ve had any follow-up information, or checking their website/archives for follow-up articles. Depending on the level of your interest, you could also try contacting the closest animal preserve to see if they’ve taken in a similar elephant. Aside from actually visiting the village, or knowing someone in the area, I can’t think of how else to find out.

I wasn’t able to find anything on the elephant either, or even about the town of Zerb—unless it’s spelled incorrectly here or is a very, very small village I’m not sure it exists. I would second the advice given above and try and find the original source of the story of the elephant or searching local papers or other new sources in the area for more information. Good luck!