Do you think Yosemite needs more guardrails and warning signs?

Someone I know visited Yosemite very recently and remarked on the presence of DANGER signs in addition to physical barriers. The signs are also translated into several languages and are visible to everyone near the waterfall areas. It’s very unfortunate that sightseers ignore such warnings and risk their lives for a photo.

Here’s an example of the warning signs posted:

I’ve been to Yosemite previously and I feel like there are enough guardrails and warning signs. You can put more, but unless people exercise better judgement, the result will be the same. Signs and guardrails are ugly and detract from the overall beauty of the landscape, which is what people are looking for when they visit a place like Yosemite.

I read the article in the citation below recently.  It is about a woman who died after falling rock climbing in Yosemite on a slippery slope.  It seems as though rock climbers, hikers, and visitors alike are warned of the dangers, both visually and verbally.  Kari Cobb spoke for Yosemite about the situation stating that it is ultimately the visitors choice what risks he or she takes. 

I agree with everyone above. I have been to Yosemite a few time and have even hiked to Half Dome and climbed the cables to the top. Which is the best experience I have ever had and highly recommend it to anyone that can make it. The cables are a little sketchy but when you start to climb them you understand that you are doing so at your own risk. As far as the other signs and railings thoughout the park I feel there are plenty to get the point across.

It is a shame that people have lost their lives this year but it would be extremely unfortunate if along every river or stream in the park there was a 12 foot chain link fence. Part of the parks beauty and draw is that its relatively untouched and it should stay that way in my opinion.