Do you think that whales will ever go extinct?

It depends on which species you are referring to exactly. Any animal that is not properly cared for in terms of life expectancy and survival risks extinction.

I do not think so. There is a lot of room in the oceans for whales to hide out. Also, with stricter whaling and hunting laws, it would be hard to hunt a species to extinction. Or at least I hope so. 

I think that there are a lot of threats to whale populations, and whale hunting is just one of them. Collision with ships accounts for 90% of unnatural whale deaths, according to the World Wide Fund for Nature, and I only see this threat rising in an increasingly globalized economy (alongside water pollution). The right whale, blue whale, and humpback whale are all endangered, and I do think it is very possible for these to become extinct. I don’t think that all whale species could become extinct in this lifetime, but perhaps a hundred years down the road. It depends on how much effort is invested in preservation.