Do you think we should build any more nuclear power plants until we figure out a better storage plan?

I think that it is important to know how we are going to deal with the consequences of our actions before we act. I do not think that it should be any different in this situation. We need to be responsible for our actions not just expect that someone or something else will deal with it in the future.

It’s important to come up with SOME carbon neutral energy source quickly, as we urgently have to deal with global warming.  But nuclear power may be more trouble than it’s worth: it uses huge amounts of water and devastates local ecosystems.

I think what we REALLY need to do is stop giving subsidies (government money) to big oil and start giving them to solar and wind developers.  Limitless clean energy could theoretically be at our fingertips.