Do you think there is a market for a smaller prius?

Good question, aylor.  I think there is.  Considering the fact that the prius is quite popular, as well as the fact that there is only one model of prius (which happens to be a four door), I think there is certainly a market for a smaller, two door version.  If it were only a matter of practicality, I guess people might stick with the four door, but according to a market research study, people really care what image they portray while driving their prius’s.  That, combined with the fact that there is only one model, to me says that a different, smaller, maybe even sportier looking model (as ironic as that would be), would totally sell.

The market for hybrid cars is expected to increase as the consumer market looks for more efficient gas mileage and environmentally friendly vehicles.  Consumers will seek out different versions of a standard four door vehicles.  Honda has already created their two door hybrid vehicle, the 2010 CR-Z coupe and there was some talk about a competing car from Toyota.

I definitely think so. I absolutely adore the smart cars, and if someone were to make a hybrid or electric version, I would definitely want one. I don’t have a huge family, nor do I haul stuff, so I have no need for a large car.