Do you think as solar technology comes along we will see more appliances powered by solar power?

That is a very high possibility.  Using appliances would be one of the best ways to make use of solar power.  The main problem will be how to harness the solar power and allocate the energy to all the appliances.

It certainly is a possibility. However I would see it more likely to have electricity generated from solar energy that then powers efficent appliances, similar to having a solar panel on your roof.

I don’t really think so. I vision is more among the lines of harvesting solar power and then applying it, rather then directly using solar to power appliances. One big factor for this is that not every part of the world has sun light, thus it would require businesses to produce new appliances for different regions. This would make them inefficient so I don’t see this happening.