Do you think people will be more likely to switch to renewable energy because of this oil spill?

I definitely think that more people are likely to switch to renewable energy because of the oil spill.  Now that we have seen the detrimental problems associated with mining fossil fuels, both individual families and governments are going to be searching for safer ways to get energy.  We now understand that we can seriously damage our environment and our health by mining fossil fuels, so I think that more people will be willing to put in money to make themselves less dependent on them.  Also, with more people doing research they realize that after the initial investment, renewable energy greatly reduces energy costs.