Do you think the outcome of Copenhagen is going to be as good as or better than the Kyoto protocol?

I think it will be better. The Kyoto protocol was a start towards decreasing greenhouse gas emissions, but there were some notable nonparticipants – particularly the United States, which stymied overall progress. I expect the Copenhagen conference to produce stronger targets that countries are more willing to meet or even exceed. The reason I expect Copenhagen to be more effective is simply because climate change is much more visible in world politics, and politicians are more likely to take it seriously as something we need to deal with. Whether it will be effective enough to stop dangerous levels of climate change remains to be seen, but I am hopeful.