Do you think that the oil spill has sparked more people to be concerned with the environment?

I definitely think that the oil spil has sparked more people to be concerned with the environment.  People now see the terrible impact that extracting fossil fuels can have both on the environment and the people of the United States since so many people on the Gulf Coast are unable to work at this point.  People saw this disaster and started looking at alternative ways to get energy so we can move away from the potential disaster that fossil fuels can cause.  I personally am working with a solar energy company this summer and a great sales pitch was to remind people about the Gulf Coast and show them that with solar energy, you are lessening our need for fossil fuels and hopefully soon we will be completely free from them.