Do you think that Obama pleased environmentalists with his state of the union speech?

As an environmentalist, I was not pleased with his state of the union speech, specifically regarding energy development. Obama says that we need to look to do more offshore drilling, which is a practice that causes lots of harm to oceanic ecosystems. He also talked about increasing nuclear power in the US–nuclear power carries with it many unacceptable risks. Also, he says we need to explore clean coal technology more…clean coal is a myth! Clean coal just trades air pollution for groundwater pollution…you can read more about it here.

The only good parts of his speech, in my opinion, were about increasing railroad infrastructure, which can potentially help reduce automobile usage.