do you think more e-readers will be purchased in America in 2010 than in 2009?

eReaders are definitely becoming more popular as more and more brands are being released.  I think it’s entirely possible that they will become a more popular item to buy this year as opposed to last year because the technology has been worked out more.  They’re also comparatively cheaper and much less wasteful.  But in the end, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

I agree with cfraissi that it’s likely that eReader sales will continue to increase as more brands are released and the technology improves. A Harris Interactive poll from September 2010 found that one in ten American uses an eReader. Among those with eReaders, 36 percent read 11 to 20 books a year, and 26 percent read 21 or more books a year.