Do you think as more Chinese people buy and drive cars they will start to become overweight like Americans?

I think that there might be more factors that effect the current obesity rate in America than simply the number of people who own cars.  Diet, lack of exercise, cultural tendencies and social dynamic all effect the obesity level of a given country.

Americans, in general, are used to over-portioned meals and high-fat diets.  In addition Americans don’t often consume enough fruit and vegetables — and many adult Americans don’t drink enough water (which helps your body process fats and salts).

Which is a long way of saying: I don’t think they will.  The Chinese don’t have a cultural propensity towards over-eating and tend to eat a little healthier.