Do you think it is to the advantage of the automaker to put hybrid tags on their vehicles?

A car being hybrid is a huge draw for consumers.  Automakers are putting the label on cars that don’t get good gas mileage.  For example, a truck that usually gets 16 MPG is re-engineered to get 18 MPG and that makes it a hybrid.  When a consumer sees the hybrid label they tend to spring for the car because it’s a feel good purchase.

I agree with andyyea, I think that advertising that a car is a hybrid is a huge bonus in marketing and sales. Some hybrids are famous for their unique design, such as the Toyota Prius, but others are a little harder to tell. Plus if hybrids start getting more benefits on the roads, advertising your hybrid status will certainly be wanted.