Do you think that if uncontrolled urban sprawl will eventually connect all the cities together?

1

Answers

That thought is very disturbing to me, because it would be the end of open space and the end of farming, small towns, national parks, and unincorporated space. The part that is the bleakest prospect of the whole idea is that most of the urban sprawl would likely be large areas of poverty, and unlike cities with slums that have highly concentrated populations of the poor, it would be large spread out areas or urban decay. I think this would be true if that was the case because that extent of urban sprawl (the kind that would connect Chicago to New York City) would be a lot of developed space with not that many people living in it.