Do you think that the end of the world is near?

I wouldn’t say that.  I do think that we’re destroying the very environment that keeps us alive, and that’s a pity because it’s so unnecessary.  If we did bring the Earth to a point where it could no longer support life, then the Earth would probably evolve without us.  Whether it could ever support life again, I don’t know.  But I think we need to change our ways now before something catastophic happens.  I think that climate change is already causing so much devastation that the warning signs are loud and clear, and we should heed that warning the sooner the better.

In the scale of human lifetimes, no — people alive today are probably going to die of non-apocalypse related causes. In the cosmic scale, it is absolutely near. Asteroids at least 1 km in length strike the earth every 500,000 years or so, and the movement of the sun within the Milky Way Galaxy could have catastrophic effects in millions of years, which is hardly any time at all.

Nope, barring a Doctor-Who-esque alien attack. Especially on the scale of the average human lifetime, I’d say you (or any children or grandchildren you may have) have nothing to worry about as far as the end of the world goes.  

I don’t think so, but you never know when a near-Earth object (NEO) will strike. Other than that, nothing that humans can do would be sufficient to erase all life on the planet.

Yes, I do believe the world is “coming to an end”, it is only natural. However, the accelerated rate in which it is “ending”, is not. That being said, I don’t believe we need to worry about the inevitable “end of the world” disaster but I do believe our great-grand children may have some larger problems.

I think we are just at the start of the “end”. The damage we are all inflicting on this planet and the results of that damage are incontrovertible. We can see it around us now. I do think the world is coming to an end but very slowly and by no means is it traceably “near”.

But, accidents do happen.

There’s been lots of prophecies of the end of the world like 2012 and the Rapture, but I put little stock in them coming true.

Is the world going to end in the near future? According to me, absolutely not. Even the death of humanity would not signal the end of the world. The world will probably be destroyed in billions of years as the sun matures, expands, and engulfs or incinerates the Earth.