Do you think the added cost to families if a climate bill was to pass would be worth it?

In June 2009 the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) published its findings on the “Estimated Costs to Households from the Cap-and-Trade Provisions of H.R.2454,” which was also known as the American Clean Energy and Security (ACES) Act and was passed in the House of Representatives. It estimated that the net annual economywide cost of cap-and-trade in 2020 would be $22 billion—or about $175 per household. This figure is a net figure because it takes into account the allowance value that would flow back to American families, either directly or indirectly through government or businesses.

I will hold off on explicitly saying whether or not I believe this cost is “worth it,” though I will add that some products/services currently selling on the market for around $175 include: one iPod touch; two months of Comcast cable and internet; one pair of Nike Air Max men’s running shoes; and three Wii video games.