Do you need a forestry degree to be in the forest service?



  1. 0 Votes

    You need a forestry degree to start in a ranger district with the forest service. However, degree programs in forestry, forest management, ecology, botany, biology, wildlife and fisheries management, or other related fields will all prepare one for a career in forestry. The field is extremely competitive and requires a great amount of work and study.

  2. 0 Votes

    Forest Service careers in professional scientific and engineering fields require college degrees, except in Research where advanced degrees are needed. Most of these jobs require college degrees in “forestry or a related field.” However, jobs in the Forestry Service technical workforce usually only require a high school diploma and/or a background in general work experience.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!