Do you like millet?

I’ve personally never had it, but it looks like it’s one of the healthiest whole grains out there!

Neither have I, but I find it interesting that research on it and its food value is sorely lacking.

I’ve never had it, but I do know a person who has and he loves it. According to, millet is a very healthy grain, and it isn’t just for birds. 

I have had millet mixed in with rice and other grains. It was quite tasty all together, though I have never had it by itself.

I have had millet mixed into a quinoa salad and it was rather delicious. They contain about 11% protein by weight and are not wheat-based so it is a suitable alternative to wheat for those with gluten allergies. The link below contains a few different recipes for millet-based meals.

My answer may be biased since several years of veganism have altered my tongue to find tasty those things that others deem “health food BS”.

However, that being said, I love millet! I eat it several times a month. The texture is lovely and the protein count impressive, and it has such a lovely taste that’s so different from your run of the mill wheat style grains.

I have a couple recepies that I can personally reccommend as some of the most delicious things to come out of my kitchen: this awesome couscous (, a FREAKING delicious curry (, and this super-healthtastic passionfruit-flavored millet polenta for dessert (

Eating Millet is like having a mexican fiesta exploding rainbows in your mouth. Amazing! Anyone who disagrees obviously has’t had good millet!