We understand more than enough to know it’s something that should be avoided. Among the many dangers caused by deforstation:
– It decreases soil quality, making for poorer growth of crops and plants
– Leads to a dryer, hotter local climate, also bad for local crops
– Removal of the trees’ roots lead to soil erosion and dangerous landslides
– Entire communities of plants and animals that depend on the forest go extinct
– For local people who depend on nature for their food and shelter, deforestation causes their way of life to collapse.
But maybe worst of all, deforestation is a major cause of climate change. Plants soak up the greenhouse gas CO2 and store it in their bodies, and because forests are a huge cluster of really big plants, they can store a LOT of carbon. By cutting them down we’re releasing all that CO2 back into the atmosphere and warming our Earth.
Deforestation causes erosion, which can destroy crops and increase the spread of ground/water pollution from place to place. It also decreases air quality, as there are fewer plants to filter and produce breathable air.
There are a lot of consequences to deforestation. Some are: cutting down entire forests, extinction of coral reefs, ozone layer holes, extinction of a lot of species, and more
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC