Do we need to worry about running out of water?

Since I live in California, fresh water is a valuable resource that shouldn’t be wasted. We are always trying to conserve our fresh water, especially during the summer months. Running out of fresh water is always a real possibility, but thankfully we have other means of bringing it in. I found an interesting article that I linked at the bottom, which explains the dangers Los Angeles faces in times of a water crisis. 

Depending on where you live, yes, you need to worry about running out of water.  If you live in a desert area like Phoenix or Las Vegas where water is used excessively, you may see shortages.  Once water shortages become extreme enough we’ll likely see lots of desalinization projects like we see in Australia.  These take the salt out of ocean water to make it safe to drink.