do we have both a short and a long term plan for climate change?

I think all of our plans are short term in the scheme of things. We are only focused on the next 20-50 years, and consider that “long term.” The fact of the matter is, climactic change is supposed to occur over thousands of years, so our plan of 20-50 years is really moot when you consider the scale difference. We do have plans to reduce our emissions in the short term, but we will still have to deal with the great amount of carbon we already have, and will continue to put into the atmosphere until we no longer need fossil fuels.

I also do not think we have formulated a plan for if we fail completely, and the weather becomes too unstable to sustain our lifestyle today. That will be something I pray will not happen.