Do we get most of our oil from offshore rigs?



  1. 0 Votes

    Assuming that “we” refers to the United States.

    The United States produces only 24% of it’s oil production from offshore drilling of American shores. The United States produces only 40% of the oil it uses. The other 60% is imported from the middle east and around the Asian continent.

  2. 0 Votes

    The answer above suggests that our imports come all or mostly from the Middle East and Asia. This is not true. Canada is the leading source of US imports, with 22% of the total; Mexico is the #2 source with 11% of total imports.

    For US domestic production, 37% of our total production comes from offshore. 32% of total US production (onshore + offshore) is from the Gulf of Mexico.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!