No. The following qualifications are required for any musher that wishes to participate in the “Last Great Race on Earth:”
• he/she is 18 years of age as of the starting date of the Race;
• he/she has completed a prior Iditarod Race; or
• he/she has completed the Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race prior to signing up or entering the Iditarod Race, or;
• for the 2010 race, after July 1, 2007, he/she has completed two approved qualifying races with an accumulated total of at least 500 miles and he/she finished in the top 75% of the field or in an elapsed time of no more than twice the time of the winner; and
• he/she during such approved qualifying races demonstrated the necessary physical and mental aptitude and preparedness, as well as the necessary wilderness and mushing skills.
• If a rookie musher completed the 2009 or later Iditarod as far as the Yukon River within the top 75% of the field or in an elapsed time of no more than twice the elapsed time of the lead musher at the time, he/she will be considered to have completed a 300 mile qualifier.
• Mushers must exemplify the spirit and principles of the Iditarod Trail Committee as set forth in the rules, policies, bylaws and mission statement.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC