Do these sentences make sense? Am I explaining the word “executive” correctly in my own words?

1. The part of a government’s job, the responsibility of a government that changes the law.
2. A group of people who is responsible of a company or an organization.
3. An important businessman or businesswoman.
4. Having the ability to change important laws and decisions.

None of those are really proper sentences.

As definitions 2 & 3 are understandable, more or less. Assuming you mean the executive branch of a government, it is not the branch that changes laws. So #1 and #4 are not really statements about the executive branch of government.

2. mle

I’m sure that you are aware that none of those four statements are complete sentences.

You have the general idea; I do have a few comments.

1.  The legislative branch of the government creates and changes laws; the executive branch of government is charged with carrying out (executing) laws.

2.  A group of people who are responsible for a company or an organization.

3.  No comments 🙂

4.  Executives have the ability to change policy and decisions for companies; but not laws of the government.  Executive in the business sense is different from the executive branch of the government.

Good job – keep on!