Do temperpedic mattresses contain bad chemicals?

Well, TempurPedic mattresses are made from petroleum based materials, so yes they do contain harmful chemicals.  However, the way that they are manufactured usually make them harmless, but there have been many complaints of health problems and illnesses attributed to TempurPedic mattresses. There are certainly better options for similar quality mattresses that are made from better materials.

I had this same question!  I was looking to buy a new mattress so I was doing a bit of research.  I’ve talked to a lot of people who have owned TempurPedic… and I rarely hear anything good about it.  Either the mattress stinks of chemicals, or it absorbs body heat and makes sleeping really uncomfortable. 

A friend of mine forwarded me a link to a site that sells Latex mattresses.  It seems that Latex is a lot more earth-friendly and doesn’t contain harsh chemicals, since Latex is a natural material.  Apparently Latex is also good for people who have a lot of allergies (as long as they aren’t allergic to latex, of course!  lol).