There are pesticides that can make groundwater dangerous or undrinkable. The most notorious example would of course be DDt. In developed countries there are government regulatory groups that oversee pesticide use and water quality. Extremely potent pesticides, like agent orange, lets say, are banned altogther, while the distribution of less potent chemicals is monitored to make sure that they don’t go above a certain threshold. In developing countries there are few if any such regulations.
Chances are, if you drink groundwater from a watershed where there is any type of agricultural, you are drinking small amounts of pesticides, but the levels have been determined safe.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC