Yes, oysters have mercury in them. Mercury is a “naturally occurring element that is found in air, water and food” and most people are exposed to it when they eat. Mercury comes in different forms, and the most dangerous is called methylmercury, and it is an organic form that is made by microorganisms that transform the mercury in the ocean sediment. Methylmercury is then absorbed by animals through their gills and digestive system. Some fish have higher mercury levels than other due to their size, location, species, habitat, diet, and age. Shellfish, including oysters, are among those will lower levels of mercury, most likely because of their protective shells.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC