Do other countries have more green figures to look up than America?

That depends on what you consider a “green figure.” So many people, including business leaders, politicians and celebrities, are getting involved with environmental issues across the world, but particularly in the USA and Europe. British musician Gordon Sumner, better known as Sting, was one of the first high-profile celebrities to publicly identify himself with environmental causes when he helped found the Rainforest Foundation Fund in 1989 to try to save Brazilian rainforests, and many other entertainers have followed. I would argue, however, that the most recognizable figure associated today with environmentalism is former US Vice-President Al Gore, who won the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to increase awareness about global warming. Numerous other Americans easily come to mind as champions of environmental causes, such as actor Harrison Ford and Microsoft exec Bill Gates. I can’t come up with the same easy list of non-American “green figures,” but that may just be because I live in the US and I’m more familiar with our own activists.