do I need to shower every day to stay healthy?

Though regular showering contributes to good personal hygiene, too much can actually damage your skin. Lathering and scrubbing with soap can disturb the outer layer of dead skin cells that protects the layer of living, healthy cells beneath. Too frequent of showering will not give your skin time to repair through natural oil production. A vigorous towel-dry afterwards can have the same effect. Again, this depends on the person, and some people are better able to tolerate daily or more showers.

No. People are far too worried about this, its perfectly fine to skip a day. It will save water and help the natural oils on your skin do their job. I also wash my hair every other day so the natural oils can keep my hair healthy, shinny and strong.