Do I have to apply for permits to re-plumb my house for grey water use?



  1. 0 Votes

    Whether or not a permit is required depends on what state you live in. In Arizona, the leading state in gray water regulations, a Type 1 General Permit is needed, but “requires no formal notification to the department, no review or design approval, and no public notice, reporting or renewal. ” However, some state, like California, require notification to the Enforcing Agency if the system has more than one plumbing fixture or collection drain.

    • 0 Votes

      I think that states should make it as easy as possible for people to install this type of equipment. I think its a deterrent for people that are trying to do something good for the environment.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!