According to: http://www.environment-green.com/More_Recycling_Facts_and_Statistics.html
Statistically the United States recycles just about 28% of its waste today, which is doubled from what it was a decade ago.
In Europe, Austria heads the EU in its recycling efforts with approximately 60% of its waste being recycled.
Greece falls short with only 10% of its waste being recycled and the remaining 90% going to the landfills.
Unfortunately many countries in the European Union as well as the United States efforts in recycling are more similar to Greece than they are to Austria.
The UK is estimated to recycle about 17.7%, and Ireland, Italy, Portugal and Luxembourg being not too far behind.
And the BBC News states:
Figures suggest 60% of all household waste could be recycled or composted, but the largest nation in the UK, England, appears to be reusing only 17.7%.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC