Absolutely, in fact, since children are still developing, their cells are rapidly dividing, making them far more susceptible to lead poisoning than many adults. Even at low levels, lead can have damaging effects on children including damages to their hormones, general growth and developmental problems, effects on the central nervous system and issues with sexual and reproductive development.
Yes, children can get lead poisoning. The symtoms are oftentimes not recognized, and it is estimated that 250,000 children between 1 and 5 suffer from abnormal lead levels in the US alone. Lead poisoning can be debilitating, and children can suffer intellectually in the longrun. There are organizations with the aim to help stop lead poisoning in children.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC