Do cell phone chargers use energy when the phone is not plugged in?



  1. 0 Votes

    There is such a thing called phantom load, also known as vampire power or standby power. It essentially means that electronics that remain plugged into outlets continue to drain electricity even when not in use. The same applies for phone chargers. Even if it is not plugged into your phone, for as long as it is plugged into an outlet, it still uses up energy. Notice that the charger stays warm even when not plugged to your phone. “Only 5% of the power drawn by cell phone chargers are actually used to charge phones. The other 95% is wasted when you leave it plugged into the wall, but not into your phone.”

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!