“Hurt” is rather subjective – what hurts one person may be negligible to another.
Generally, ants don’t sting; they bite.
I agree that not only is pain subjective, but the question would be dependent upon which types of ant bites or which type of bee stings – different types have very different effects.
Also, what contributes to the pain is if a person is allergic to bee stings. If a person is hypersensitive or has a pollen allergy, the bee sting can become life-threatening, leading to severe allergic shock.
If we’re including the Bullet ant as a candidate, a South American ant that does sting as opposed to bite, I would put my money on the ant being worse than a bee (unless the person goes into Anaphylactic shock). The Bullet ant is named so because it’s sting is likened to that of gun shot wound. They release a toxin in your skin whose pain can last for 24 hours and is rated 4.0+ on the Schmidt Pain Index (the highest rating for pain). Indigenous peoples even have a right of passage involving making gloves of these ants that boys have to wear for 10 full minutes and can suffer shaking for days afterward.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC