Is environmentalism different than environmental science?

Environmental science is an interdisciplinary field that involves both the physical sciences (physics, chemistry, biology, geology, geography, resource technology and engineering) and the social sciences (resource management and conservation, demography, economics, politics and ethics). It encompasses the surrounding conditions that affect man and other organisms. Natural and human resources are interdependent and the use or misuse of one affects the other.
    Environmentalism is a broad philosophy and social movement regarding concerns for environmental conservation and improvement of the state of the environment.

In my opinion, and in a few short words, I would say that environmentalism is an action or a state of mind. It’s something that we choose to participate in. Environmental science is the study of the environment, and doesn’t necessarily have to do with the environmentalism. However, many degree programs these days which are focused on environmental science do talk a lot about climate change. But in the simplest terms, the two words mean two different things.

Yes. A thousand times, yes. I originally majored in environmental science because of my desire to solve environmental problems. That is not an enviro sci job. Their job is to test soil, water, and air for various contaminants, as paid for by clients, according to my major advisor and mentor. I wasted my first year in college pursuing the wrong degree, and as a result I only barely finished in four years. Don’t make my mistake.