Did the USDA wind up approving the use of GMO corn for ethanol production after its extended public comment period in July of 2009?

I saw some articles from 2009 saying that they were “ready” to, and then that they had extended the public comment period, but couldn’t find any that said whether or not it was definitely going to happen, or had started happening, etc. I know that the Union of Concerned Scientists was lobbying hard against this one, but what happened?

I don’t think the USDA has made a decision yet. I couldn’t find any news mentioning the the issue written after July 2009, and there is nothing about it on the USDA website. The Union of Concerned Scientists doesn’t have any updates either. I assume that if a ruling had been made it would have been reported somewhere.