Did anyone else feel the 5.9 earthquake in Virginia?

I felt it in Brooklyn. If so, where are you located?

yeah, a few tens of millions of people felt it.

I know that. It was felt from Raleigh to Canada. You don’t have to let me know. I wanted to see if people would tell me where there were so that I could see, for my own purposes, how far reaching it was.

I live in Massachusetts, and while I didn’t feel it, I heard from lots of others who did up here, although nothing serious. I also have a friend who lives in DC, and in the lab he works in, the force was strong enough to knock loose equipment off the tables and onto the floor. 

Thanks for the response! It’s interesting to hear about all the different places in which people experienced this singular event. cool! (And not cool about the lab equipment!)

Many people from the Washington, DC metro area to New York, Ohio, Martha’s Vineyard, North Carolina, New Jersey, Canada etc. felt this quake.  The last quake to hit NJ at a 5.5 on the scale was in 1884!  Being a California native and survivor of the 1989 quake this wasn’t so bad for me.