Is collaboration necessary to create useful interactions, or can collaborative efforts sometimes hinder the process for environmentalists?

In general I have always been one of those people who prefers to work on my own. Group work never ended well for me and I trusted myself over my peers to get things done. However, when it comes to environmentalism and trying to change the world of the better, this can’t be done without collaboration. People singularly can come up with fabulous and attainable ideas, but these cannot come to fruition without the help of others for support, work and even money. Cultures need to interact and governments need to understand the needs of people and nature. These needs should not be seen as a separate thing, but as a process that needs one another. This idea cannot be understood or accepted with people becoming gregarious about the situation.