Is China greenwashed?

This is an interesting question. The answer is probably no. Though it is true that beijing turned off plants and falsified smog reports around the time of the Olympics, the general truth is that the world has a decidedly negative stance when it comes to China’s environmental progress.

Truth be told, I think it gets a lot more flak than it deserves. China is basically just doing what every other industrialized nation already has, it’s not like it’s being more offensive, the population is just greater which causes some of the additional effects we see. That doesn’t mean I condone their actions, I’m just saying that people are a lot quicker to point the finger than to look at the situation rationally and actually take the time to understand it.