Is the chemicals inside of glow sticks bad for you?



  1. 0 Votes

    Dibutyl phthalate is the chemical in glow sticks which is considered the most dangerous. However, it is also used in manufacturing leather, nail polish, glues, and even printer ink. It is far less dangerous than the chemicals in most home cleaning products. If ingested, it is recommended that you rinse your mouth with water and drink some milk but you do not need to go to the hospital. It is also recommended that if it is ingested you call and stay in contact with poison control, but this is largely an added precaution for instances in which someone may have an allergic or unusual reaction. 

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!