Yes. In high concentrations, and particularly in small and/or enclosed areas, exposure to carbon monoxide can poison a person, which can cause brain damage and even death. Leaving your car running while in the garage or leaving the gas burner on without a flame are both ways a person can get carbon monoxide poisoning (a.k.a. the “Silent Killer”) in the home. Each year, about 500 people die from carbon monoxide poisoning, and many more are hospitalized.
Yes, carbon monoxide can kill you. It binds to oxygen which prevents it from being the final electron acceptor in the electron transport chain in the energy pathway of our cells. Thus starves the cells and causes them to die out causing death in the person as well. It is a silent killer, and can also be lurking in faulty heating systems in homes along with gas burners and cars.
Click here to cancel reply.
Signup for an account and start participating in our site today!
You can also login with your Facebook or Twitter account
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC