Can you recommend some good biodegradable liquid body soap and shampoo?

We are boaters and our grey water dumps directly into the ocean. I would like to minimize my impact as much as possible. What can you recommend?

Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soap is an all natural castile soap made of vegetable oils and essential oils.  These soaps are completely biodegradable and contain no foaming agents, thickeners or preservatives. They are also certified USDA organic.

From the Dr. Bronner’s website: “Pure-Castile” is now also your guarantee that what you are using is a real ecological and simple soap, not a complex blend of detergents with a higher ecological impact due to the waste stream during manufacture and slower biodegradability”.  

Dr. Bronner’s is good for a variety of different things, making a great choice for versatility. I’ve found some other great biodegradable soaps that are particularly easy on the skin. For example, the Jason line of shower products is gentle, biodegradable, and smells great. (They also offer a non-scented variety of shampoo/conditioner/body wash.) Kiss My Face also make biodegradable shower supplies. A great brand for facial skin care is Aubrey, which comes in little white and green bottles and can be found at most natural food stores. Its gentle yet thorough for facial cleansing. For laundry soap, try Seventh Generation products.