Can you really die if the person doesn’t prepare the puffer fish right?



  1. 0 Votes

    YES. And that is why its such a famous dish in Japan! However, of all the poisoning cases from 1996-2006, the fatality rate among victims was only 6.8%.

  2. 0 Votes

    A puffer fish’s body contains a type of poison called a tetrodotoxin. If large enough amounts of this poison are ingested, it can cause paralysis or even death. Other symptoms include: numbness of lips and tongue, numbness of face and extremities, sensations of lightness or floating, dizziness, headache, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, slurred speech, difficulty walking, and extensive muscle weakness. Treatment for poisoning consists of limiting the body’s absorption of the toxin, relieving symptoms, and treating life-threatening complications. There is no antidote.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!