Can you make cigarette papers out of recycled paper or would that make them worse for you than they already are?

Smoking is always dangerous, and smoking with a paper not made specifically for smoking is also dangerous. Paper products can contain chemicals that are dangerous, so I don’t recommend making your own cigarette paper. I do not know of any retailers who sell recycled cigarette paper. 

If you want to do something better for the environment, you could try hemp paper.

Hemp paper – It’s not illegal because it’s not marijuana. Hemp products will not get you ‘high.’ Hemp paper is made from a renewable source (a strain of cannabis sativa) and is therefore eco-friendly. Hemp paper is also slow burning and has less ash. Unfortunately, many retailers are also smoke shops. Try these retailers:,