Can you get e-reader versions of magazines?

The latest news stories show that the e-reader tech might not be advanced enough for magazines to start having e-reader versions. The screens are not advanced enough. But with the tech changing every day, I don’t think we will have to wait much longer for magazines to show up in e-reader versions. Major magazines are currently in the process of being made into e-reader, such as Time, GQ, Car and Driver, Elle, Reader’s Digest, and Popular Science.  A new e-reader, Zinio, is expected to hit the markets in a few months with beta versions of the previous magazines. I’m guessing it will take a year or two for e-readers to be compatible. 

You probably asked this question because you have an e-reader, but if you are thinking about investing in a portable reading device that offers magazines, the Kindle has all the newspapers and magazines you could want.

Yes!  The Kindle offers tons of newspapers and magazines.  The Nook currently doesn’t, but it’s becoming very popular — I would guess that they would start to add them soon.

The Nook has also offered newspapers and magazines for quite some time.